While we often like to think that men and women are equal in modern society, it’s a sad fact that women are still consistently paid less than men. Because every dollar counts, each year, Forbes compiles of a list of the highest-paying jobs for women to help women gauge an idea of the industry’s in which they have a higher earning potential.
To compile the list, Forbes analysed the median weekly earnings of full-time female workers last year to find the top-paying fields. The study only looked at jobs that have more than 50,000 workers in the US in an effort to eliminate niche careers that are very difficult for new workers to gain access to.
The study found that the highest paid female role of the year was unsurprisingly CEOs, who earned an average of $95,472 USD per year ($1,836 each week). Unfortunately, female CEOs only fill 27 percent of chief executive positions, demonstrating that the distribution of power on the workplace is still heavily male skewed.
Coming in second on the list were Pharmacists, who earned $94,172 each year and $1,811 per week. Interestingly, Forbes does not gather a list of the highest paid jobs for men but my guess is that if they did, the differences in pay would be enough to get your blood boiling.
Here is the full list of the highest-paying jobs for women and what you can expect to make in each role. All figures are listed in USD:
1. Chief Executive: $95,472
2. Pharmacist: $94,172
3. Lawyer: $89,284
4. Computer and Information Systems Manager: $81,267
5. Nurse Practitioner: $79,144
6. Engineer: $75,296
7. Software Developer: $73,580
8. Management Analyst: $70,096
9. Operations Research Analyst: $68,900
10. Computer Programmer: $67,704
11. Human Resources Manager: $66,248
12. Marketing and Sales Manager: $65,416
13. Computer Systems Analyst: $65,312
14. Education Administrator: $65,104
15. Market Analyst and Marketing Specialist: $64,428
16. Producer and Director: $64,168
17. Purchasing Manager: $63,752
18. Physical Therapist: $63,180
19. Manager: $63,076
20. Occupational Therapist: $62,348
21. Psychologist: $61,828
22. Financial Analyst: $60,892
23. Physical Scientist: $60,840
24. Medical and Health Services Manager: $60,112
25. Speech-Language Pathologist: $59,696
Image Credits: Instagram @harperandharley