A new study reveals that pretty much everyone uses their phone to avoid talking at parties

Apparently parties are meant to be fun, but whoever decided that has obviously never been to a Christmas party with crazy Aunt June.

Sometimes reaching for your phone is literally the only way to stay sane and is of course the best way to avoid awkward lines of questioning about your ex, how much you get paid, when you’re going to have kids… just to name a few.

You may be comforted to know that you are not alone in your smartphone escapism.

A new study published by Bank of America has revealed that 71 percent of millennials admitted to using their phones to avoid talking to people in social situations – and I would suggest that the other 29 percent are probably lying.

The study also found that millennials interact more with their smartphone than their significant other, parents, friends and coworkers.

So yeah, that’s kind of concerning.

Detox anyone?

Read next: Is Facebook really like a drug for your kids?

Image Credits: Instagram


WANT MORE? JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER!


Don't Miss out on anything with your weekly M2woman Mailer. With the best Fashion, Beauty And News articles from around the world. We even include special subscription offers on all our products.