Laundry is the most annoying part of Sunday but if you don’t want your wardrobe to stink like sweaty toe jam, you’ve got to do it. The hacks of washing dark material in cold water and turning your clothes inside out is basic knowledge. These are some strange yet genius hacks by Who What Wear to keep your clothes in good condition after every wash.
- Add one aspirin to your load of whites to keep them bright.
- Keep dark clothes from fading by adding a cup of salt during the rinse cycle. Do this the first time to set the colour in.
- Pre-treat ink stains with hand sanitizer for 10 minutes and use hot water with your usual laundry detergent.
- Scrub stubborn sweat stains with equal parts lemon juice and water then wash as per normal.
- Use a dry-erase marker to write which items shouldn’t go in the dryer on the washing machine.
- A ball of Aluminium foil can sub for a dryer sheet. It also cuts down on static.
- To make your clothes dry faster, toss a fluffy towel in the dryer for the first 15 minutes.
- Add a tablespoon of pepper to the washing machine to keep colours bright. It also prevents colour bleeding.
- Wool, silk, and cotton items can be washed by hand instead of taking it to the dry-cleaners.
- If your washing machine doesn’t have a delicate option, use permanent press light or just short cycles and cold water.
- Always dry-clean rayon items, even if the tag says machine washable as it rayon will shrink 100%.
- Always measure out the appropriate amount of laundry detergent.
Image Credits: Impact Closets