You are in a meeting or having a chat with a colleague when your stomach starts to grumble, you know by this that it must be around 10.30, your stomach rarely lets you down. It is the same at lunch time and afternoon tea, a clock is barely as reliable as your grumbling stomach begging to be fed.
At this time you are faced with a tough decision, reach for the fruit bowl for that last banana that has been sitting there for days or delve into your snack drawer where there is a mountain of delicious, albeit unhealthy snacks.[shortcode id=”33529"]
To save you from that second handful of crisps, we have put together some healthy snacks that are perfect for office eating – aka won’t end up in a mess all over your keyboard or stink out the office.
- Fruit and nut butter – apples and almond butter, banana and peanut butter, the list goes on.
- Carrot sticks and hummus – is a list of healthy snacks complete without this? I don’t think so.
- Almonds – some nuts are more about taste than health, but these bad boys are associated with good heart health thanks to the omega-9. Just don’t go to town, a handful of about 12 nuts is probably the best.
- Healthy loaf and avocado – avocado is an unsung hero, which has recently found its fame. Smother this on some healthy loaf, such as a slice of the Midnight Baker’s gluten, dairy, refined sugar, egg & yeast free bread. Ta-Da, you have a healthy, delicious snack.
- Edamame beans – not only are they green and healthy, but they will satisfy your salt craving. They also take time to eat as your get each bean out of the shell, adding to your snack satisfaction.
- Air-popped popcorn – at first you might miss the salt and butter, but when you realise how much of this you can snack on without feeling guilty you will forget about it.
- Frozen grapes – if you are after a little something sweet and need to step away from the lollies, freeze some grapes and you will be ridiculously satisfied.
- Celery and nut butter or hummus – celery is 95 percent water so it is possibly the most healthy snack you can lay your hands on – meaning you can go a little OTT with the nut butter or hummus because balance right?
- Water. Sometimes you are just dehydrated and it is masked as hunger.