Let’s be real with each other, a bad haircut/colour/day can change your mood dramatically. You can go from life is buttercups and rainbows to hating the fact your S.O is breathing to loudly in 0.2 seconds.
It is a fact of life for many women, and men, whether we like to admit it or not. We spend hours upon hours and thousands of dollars a year to maintain our manes.
No surprises then that when we discovered that the go-to hair trend of 2017 was super easy – and kind to our hair – we were pretty excited.
Pinterest predicted that as far as hair trends go, we will all be rocking the ‘no heat curls’, in other words, curls that are created by sleeping in braids.
The no heat curl trend is not only super easy, but it is also really good for your hair – no heat tools necessary.
If you want to rock this look, here are a few techniques you can try:
If you have naturally curly hair:
- After washing your hair use your fingers to brush some ‘curl’ product through your ends, I use Kerastase discipline thermique and it is really great!
- Dry the roots and put your hair in a low ponytail.
- Twist your ponytail so it is it a long curl.
- Leave to dry and then separate into loose curls.
If you don’t have any curls:
- After washing your hair, brush through some heat treatment and roughly dry your hair.
- When it is still damp put it into one or two plaits and go to sleep. Be warned, going to bed with wet hair isn’t actually that great for you so maybe try not to do this everyday!
- Towel dry your hair, or if you are doing this for a more immediate effect blow dry until your hair is damp.
- Twist your hair into sections, the bigger the section the bigger the curl.
- Hold all of these sections above your head and spritz with salt spray.
- Pile these sections into a loose, messy bun on the top of your head and got go sleep (or wait a few hours).
- Ta-da, beach babe curls!
If all else fails, Pinterest also sees top knots (and low knots) sticking around, just with a ‘braid’ upgrade.
Image Credits: Instagram / @Kristin_ess