Some people struggle when it comes to holidays and planning their days, most of these people opt for tours that take out this stressful component. Others, myself included, love planning holidays. Maybe I should have been a travel agent because I love making itinerary, searching out must-see spots and the lesser known off the beaten track nooks. If you are like me and get all giggly over the thought of planning a 8 days NYC itinerary, you need to check out this website. It is an organisers dream!
Head to Sygic Travel, a website that lets you create your own itinerary with or without the help of their prepared templates. London, New York, Hong Kong? It doesn’t matter where you are going, you just need to pop it in and go from there.
All you need to do is add your dates and your hotel and arriving airport should you wish. The website will give you everything else you need from places to eat and attractions, including the best tickets you can buy to skip the queues. At the end of this you are the proud owner of an itinerary, that cost you nothing to create!
If this sounds great, but still a little daunting, here are a few more tips that you can help make your planning go a little smoother.
- Create a list of everything you want to do. Go as nuts as you want, but make sure you have a few particular things that you really don’t want to miss. There is nothing worse than coming home and being upset that you didn’t do one thing – this also helps with budgeting.
- If you are going in a group make a list in a Google Doc, that way you can all add your to-do’s and collate a list, which is especially useful when you are short on time and money.
- Once you have this list, use an app or a website like Sygic Travel to map things out. There is nothing worse than realising you were a block away from that one cafe that was on the top of your list. Be smart about your time!
- When you are planning make sure you have days where you plan nothing! This gives you the chance to get out and get lost – and this is when you will find the perfect pub or pizza place that you will never forget.
- If you are a planner and your holiday buddies aren’t, reach a compromise. Plan things that need to be booked and make a list, that way you don’t miss out on important things and you will also still be spontaneous enough for the type A and organised enough for the type B.
- Use TripAdvisor. This is the one place that will give you some of the most honest reviews, make sure you read a few though because we are all unique and like things differently. A friend of mine used the TripAdvisor app around Europe, it will show you the best rated places near by and she said that was incredibly useful when it came to eating out.
- In fact, download all (or some) of these trusty apps.
Image Credits: Instagram / @gypsea_lust