If there is one thing that truly marks the beginning of summer it is most definitely a glass of wine on a summer’s evening with a platter that is so full with delicious treats that you simply don’t know where to start.
I mean, if you can’t indulge in a platter over summer, when can you?
To help you be the queen of platters, we have come up with some tips we found during our own platter research.
What you will need.
- A cool, and totally Instagrammable, platter. You’ll find a wooden chopping board does the trick.
- A cheese knife.
- Small bowls for dips, hummus and olives etc.
Of course, the most important thing is the toppings and there are really no rules when it comes to selecting your treats of choice. Our suggestions:
- A variation of cheeses (obviously) and if you have blue vein cheese I strongly recommend a separate knife.
- Mixed breads and/or crackers
- A combination of cold meats – salami, prosciutto etc.
- Seafood if you are that way inclined.
- Olives, pickled onions or mini gerkins
- Fruit – strawberries, grapes, watermelon.
- Dips – hummus, or classic kiwi onion will go down a treat!
- Vegetable sticks – cucumber, carrots.
- Dried fruit and nuts.
- Fruit paste.
Remember to have options for the gluten free, dairy free, vegan and vegetarian people in your life!
We spoke to Annabel Langbein to get a few tips for creating the perfect platter – you can read all of her tips here. Without a doubt, the best tip she gave us was to cut a wedge out of your cheese fist – especially for a whole round “so people don’t feel intimidated about making the first cut.”
If in doubt, here are some of the most mouth drooling, aesthetically pleasing platters we have come across.
Holiday party vibes 😍🎄🌿🌟🥂 // If you’re looking for some last minute gifts 🎁 (me always 🙋🏻), head over to @danielwellington’s website & use code STEPHANIEHPARK for 15% off⚡️Gifted my lil sister the classic black⌚️& she loved it! // And if you really wanna impress your fam & friends, throw together a holiday dream platter like this 👆🏻I used 3 cheeses 🧀, a hummus dip 🥕, veggies 🥒, fruits 🍒, crackers 🥖, dark chocolate 🍫 , peanut butter cups 🥜 & layered it all on a wooden board 👌🏻💛✨
Grace loves lace + Your platter matters = the perfect combo! Had fun creating this little beauty for the GLL team 💕✨👰🏽 #graceloveslace #yourplattermatters #thatcheeseplate #gc #goldcoastbride #wedding #weddingcatering #goldcoastwedding #weddinggoldcoast #weddingdresses #goldcoast #cheeseplatter #platterporn #foodporn #yum #graze #gll #weddinginspiration
Whatever you do, stack it high and wide and serve it with your favorite summer drop.
Image Credits: Instagram / @stephanie.h.park