I am a bit of a Christmas fiend, the second December 1st rolls over and I am in full festive mode – decorations, songs, movies and Christmas cookie baking. I mean, why not have a bit of fun with it!
A few years ago I was watching Love Actually staring at the candy canes. Not because I was overly keen on breaking my teeth on one of them, but because I had just had a great idea – it was a Christmas Miracle.
Five minutes later and I was sweltering, but stoked, as I sipped my candy cane hot chocolate.
- Milk Chocolate Bar (Or hot chocolate powder if you can’t be bothered)
- Candy Cane
- Whipped cream in a can (or whip it yourself, again, depends how dedicated you are)
- Baileys…Hey it’s Christmas!
- Heat some milk on the stove on a low heat.
- Break your candy can in half. Crush up the straight part and leave the curved bit for decoration. Add it to the milk.
- Add your chocolate.
- Pour into your mug (Christmas themed mug is optional).
- Top with cream, grated chocolate/powder, the curved half of your candy cane.