Christmas is the season of giving, the season of being caring and gracious to those around you – and yourself. You might be getting your cardio at the malls on the weekend, thanking your PT for those lunges that helped you nab the last scarf for you mum. But what else are you really getting that is just for you?
It is time that we sit down, pop on a movie and enjoy a cheeky Christmas drink just for ourselves.
Lucky for you, while we might not be able to help you pick between Love Actually and The Holiday, we can help you with a delicious, albeit slightly naughty, drink (or two).
Wine Hot Chocolate
- Red Wine
- Dark Chocolate
- Optional: Get creative at add cinnamon to taste.
- Combine milk and dark chocolate on a low heat.
- Once it is melted, add the red wine.
- Top with cream.
No longer do you have to decide between enjoying a hot chocolate or a glass of wine – dreams do come true at Christmas.
If this doesn’t sound festive enough for you, why not try a Candy Cane hot chocolate – Starbucks Christmas coffees better move over!
Candy Cane Hot Chocolate
- Milk Chocolate Bar (Or hot chocolate powder if you can’t be bothered)
- Candy Cane
- Whipped cream in a can (or whip it yourself, again, depends how dedicated you are)
- Baileys…Hey it’s Christmas!
- Heat some milk on the stove on a low heat.
- Break your candy can in half. Crush up the straight part and leave the curved bit for decoration. Add it to the milk.
- Add your chocolate.
- Pour into your mug (Christmas themed mug is optional).
- Top with cream, grated chocolate/powder, the curved half of your candy cane.
Just like that, your Christmas became a little more festive. Of course, being in New Zealand it is a little hot for copious amounts of hot chocolate. So you might need to cool down with one of these Gin and Tonic popsicles!