The workplace is always the first port of call if you suspect your significant other of infidelity. It’s easy to cover up – “I’m working late tonight :(” – but are some workplaces more likely to be home to affairs of the heart? Well according to VictoriaMilan, an “infidelity dating site”, they asked 5,658 of their female clients where the most illicit hanky-panky happens.
It might surprise to know, but numero uno is actually bankers and brokers. Well hey, you’ve seen Leo in Wolf of Wall Street, not that much of a stretch of the imagination!
Here’s the full list:
- Financial (brokers, bankers, analysts)
- Aviation (pilots, flight attendants, flight pursers)
- Healthcare (doctors, nurses)
- Business (CEOs, managers, secretaries)
- Sports (athletes, instructors, representatives)
- Arts (musicians, models, actors, photographers)
- Nightlife Industry (DJs, dancers, waiters)
- Legal (lawyers, secretaries, prosecutors, judges)
- Communications (journalists, public relations, communicators)
- Other sectors
Some other interesting facts from the survey are that two out of three unfaithful women cheat at work, although 85% say they don’t recommend sleeping with a colleague. Cheating in the workplace might be easy to connect with someone, and easy to hide it, but the potential for things to go south and still having to work with the person is the most negative aspect.[shortcode id=”33529"]
Strangely, only 10% were concerned about their careers, thinking that blending work or pleasure could have a bad impact on their job performance.
Sigurd Vedal, founder and CEO of Victoria Milan, told The Mirror that: “The survey clearly shows that even though there’s a risk to your career, having an affair at work makes life a lot more pleasant.
“At the same time, the majority of cheaters would steer clear of mixing work with pleasure – not because it damages their career, but because they are at risk of being found out, or will feel uncomfortable.”
Just to clear things up in case of any doubt, I’m in no way endorsing cheating on your partner at all – that’s completely up to you to decide.