The low ponytail swept the Spring Summer 2018 runways in all of the Big Four shows. Used by tentpole designer houses, the likes of Prada, Lanvin, Loewe, Tod’s, Max Mara and Missoni, the ponytails were gathered at the nape and, once again, had added worn-in textures. Wispy fuzzies often adorned the hairline for a soft, windswept appearance, mimicking the beauty of adolescence. Jeremy Scott, on the other hand, showcased a sharp, raw techno tail for his 20th Anniversary Collection. The theme of natural hair and make up was still carried through, complementing his bold, bejewelled outfits on the catwalk.
Get the look
1. Prep the hair with a blow-dry primer to make the hair manageable.
2. Apply a volume-boosting hair powder at the root to add texture and vitality.
3. Dry the hair gently with a ceramic hairdryer and paddle brush for a quick and smooth blow-dry.
4. Create a low parting on the left side and direct the hair to the right.
5. Spritz a finishing shine spray onto your hands and gather the hair into a low ponytail.
6. Break the ponytail by pulling out a few small locks to make sure it looks light. Set with a flexible medium-hold hairspray that will enhance the movement of the hair.
For a sharp ponytail, first use a hair lotion to control frizz and flyaways. Then squash in a volumising mousse to add definition. Pull the hair back into a high pony and iron the tail with a straightener to make it super sleek and chic. Finish off with a strong-hold hair spray to give it a controlled look.
1. FUDGE Blow-Dry Oil Tri-Blo $25.50;
2. Kerasilk Regenerating Blow Dry Spray $38; 3. Dancoly Angel Dust $26.50;
4. Batiste Dry Shampoo Plus Heavenly Volume $13.99;
5. Remington Silk Ceramic Ultra Dryer $149.99;
6. Tangle Teezer Blow Styling Smoothing Tool $46;
7. De Lorenzo Elements Afterglow Anti Humidity Shine Spray $26.50;
8. Hask Essentials Flex Finish Hairspray $16.99;
9. Marula Oil Rare Oil Perfecting Hairspray $49.