The long-legged supermodel Karlie Kloss collabroated with Momofuku Milk Bar chef and owner Christina Tosi to make gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free baked breakfast cookies called Karlie’s Kookies. The health-conscious and philanthropic Perfect 10 Kookie provided half-a-million meals to those in need around the world through FEED. The Kookie’s partnership with the Council of Fashion Designers of America are providing support for young fashion designers.
They have a hefty price tag of $25 per tin of 6 cookies but thanks to Vogue, we have the recipe to make the 5BORO Kookies in your own kitchen.
5BORO Kookies Recipe
3 1/2 cups cocoa powder
3 cups almond flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 T cornstarch
1 T salt
3 3/4 cups coconut puree
1 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup water
5 3/4 cups mini chocolate chips
1. Mix all dry ingredients together, except the chocolate chips.
2. Whisk together wet ingredients, then pour into dry ingredients and mix until evenly dispersed.
3. Add chocolate chips and mix again until evenly dispersed.
4. Form cookie dough balls with an ice cream scoop or spoon. Lay out on lined sheet pan (cookie dough is “wet” but have no fear!)
5. Bake at 315 degrees for 5 to 7 minutes until cookie has spread, flattened and crisped around the edges.
Makes 30 kookies