Celebrity hair stylist Christian Wood has revealed how to achieve Rosie Huntington-Whiteley’s red carpet look for the Manus x Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology Met Gala. Wood said, “As soon I saw the stunning Ralph Lauren gown I knew the hair needed to be simple, clean and elegant – old Hollywood with a modern twist.”
- Start by applying Moroccanoil Treatment Light onto damp hair to add shine and create the perfect foundation for styling. For thicker hair, use Moroccanoil Treatment Original.
- Blow dry hair using a Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Round Brush. Once hair is completely dry, create a deep side part using the Moroccanoil Tail Comb.
- Mist with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray and brush behind the ears.
- Add a dime size amount of Moroccanoil Molding Cream onto the palms of your hands and gently glide over the top of the head to remove flyaways and give hair hold.
- Using the comb, scoop hair up into a ponytail and secure with bungee elastic for extra security. Gently comb out any ridges.
- Next, twist the hair up into a classic chignon by wrapping the hair around the ponytail and tucking in the ends. Use small pins to secure.
- Mist the entire hair with Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine to add an extra boost of shine and gloss to the hair.
- Finish the look by spraying the ends of a makeup powder brush with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray and dust over the entire head to tame any stray hairs.
Image Credits: Instagram, Kevin Mazur for Getty Images/2016 Met Gala/