I do not know about you but I am fine eating healthy, until it comes to chocolate. This is the one thing I cannot seem to cut out of my diet, which is why when I saw Go Superfood’s DOUBLE chocolate raw mousse tartlets I was pretty excited!
They not only stick within your healthy eating, but they are a great way to sneak in more good fats and 5+ a day. Of course, all while giving you the satisfaction of devouring a guiltily-delicious serving of chocolate.
Plus, they are easy to make – the hardest part is not eating the base before you manage to make the filling.
¾ cup raw cashews or almonds
cup desiccated coconut
¾ cup diced dates
1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
1-2 tablespoons GO Superfood Cacao Powder
1 tablespoon cacao nibs for crunch (optional)
1 large avocado
2-3 tablespoons GO Superfood Cacao Powder
1-2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
Dash of sea salt
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste/ extract 2 tablespoons coconut oil
1. Blend all base ingredients except for the cacao nibs in a food processor or high powdered blender until well combined. The mix should be a breadcrumb like texture that easily combines when pressed.
2. Mix the cacao nibs through. Thinly press base mixture into a silicon x6 tart dish ensuring that it is not too thick on the bottom or in the corners. If you don’t have a tart tray you can use a muffin tray and line with cling wrap first.
3. Place the bases in freezer immediately to set while you create the chocolate filling.
1. Blend the banana, avocado, coconut oil, sea salt, 1 tablespoon of honey and 2 tablespoons of GO Superfood Cacao Powder until you achieve a creamy fluffy texture without any lumps. Taste test is mandatory at this point to decide whether it is sweet enough or rich enough. Once it is chilled it will be slightly less sweet and a little more bitter therefore add the extra tablespoon of honey or GO Superfood Cacao Powder according to your taste preference.
2. Remove the tart cases from the freezer. Generously fill with the chocolate mousse and sprinkle with topping.
3. Best served after chilled for half an hour, but also delicious served immediately.
Try not to eat them all at once.