Summer is here and there has never been a better time to get your drank on. A while back we brought you Gin and Tonic Popsicles to help keep you cool this summer because really, what could be better?
Taking things to the next level we present to you the next installment in the adult popsicle craze: Watermelon Mojito Popsicles. Because we obviously don’t have time to actually drink our mojitos anymore, we’re just gonna go ahead and freeze these bad boys and enjoy them all summer longgggg.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner, we just can’t get enough of these.
· 2 1/2 cups chopped watermelon (juiced)
· 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
· 2 tablespoons simple mint syrup (recipe follows)
· 1 cup light rum
· 1 1/2 cups sparkling water
1. Put watermelon in a food processor and blend until the watermelon turns to juice (it will still be slightly pulpy).
2. Mix together watermelon juice, lime juice, mint syrup and rum in a shaker and shake well.
3. Fill popsicle mold 3/4 of the way up with mixture. Top up the remaining 1/4 with sparkling water.
4. Freeze popsicles for about 2 hours or until mixture starts to solidify enough to hold a popsicle stick upright.
5. Insert popsicle sticks and finish freezing popsicles overnight or until solid.
· 1/2 cup water
· 1/2 cup sugar
· 1 cup mint leaves
1. Place sugar and water in a pot over heat until sugar dissolves. Allow mixture to cool to room temperature and place mint leaves in mixture and muddle. Allow mint leaves to steep for 20 minutes. Strain and discard leaves.