This Is The Health Food Trend That Is Going To Be Huge In 2017
If you’ve been around the health and fitness world for any period of time, you’ll know as with fashion, new health food trends pop up every season. While some of these trends are overrated (*cough* Kombucha *cough*), it’s exciting when a new health food trend pops up that is genuinely good for us.
According to My Domaine, watermelon water is on the rise big time and it boasts an impressive array of health benefits. Watermelon water is a pink liquid that is basically cold pressed watermelon with lemon juice and best of all, it has no nasty additives.
Not only is the water high in vitamin C, but it is also a rich source of flavonoids such as lutein, lycopene and beta-carotene. Watermelon water is also a good source of antioxidants and is useful in protecting your body against free radicals that can lead to heart attacks, asthma, inflammation and rheumatoid arthritis.
The water has been compared to coconut water as it contains roughly the same amount of natural sugar and has similar hydration properties. With one popular brand of watermelon water even endorsed by Beyonce, our bet is that by mid next year, this stuff is going to be massive.
You’ll also like:
- Kourtney Kardashian Shares Her Top Tips For Cutting Sugar From Your Diet
- 5 Simple Ways To Trick Yourself Into Drinking More Water
- Experts Say We Should “Eat” Water Instead of Drink It
- 5 Small Habits To Adopt For A Healthier 2017
- Health Experts Say That Adding This Easy Step Into Your Morning Routine Will Help You To Slim Down Quickly