Here Are 4 Reasons Why You Should Have A Glass Of Wine Tonight
As if we need more reason to have a cheeky vino every night, new studies have shown that there are tones of health benefits connected with a glass of wine. Skip the juice cleanses and jump on the wine bandwagon.
1. Drink a glass of wine before dinner to prevent weight gain.
A study from Washington University concluded that wine and weight loss go hand in hand, thanks to a substance in wine called resveratol. There is one catch, it is only found in red wine. This substance helps convert “white fat” into “beige fat”, the latter is easier to burn off. A late night glass of wine is also shown to curb snacking, which also helps with weight loss.
2. It can lower depression.
Heavy drinking has consequences when it comes to mental health, but a glass of red wine a day can do the opposite. A study reported that people who drink a little alcohol, generally a glass a night, were less likely to be depressed. There are a few suggestions as to why, but the most common was due to the effects of the antioxidants in wine.
3. It is good for your heart.
A glass of red wine a night is actually incredibly good for your heart, and not just because it fills it with love. According to one study it lowers your bad cholesterol levels and increases the production of good cholesterol.
4. Red wine has anti-aging benefits.
Forget the anti-aging creams and pick up a glass of red. Researchers from Harvard Medical school reported that red wine has anti-aging benefits. Once again, the resveratrol is providing a helping hand. The resveratrol comes from the skins of red grapes, blueberries, cranberries and nuts – all things that are perfect for anti-aging!
You’ll also like:
- Lose Weight By Drinking Half A Bottle Of Red Wine Before Bed
- The Best Drink To Boost Your Metabolism In The Morning
- Finally, We Know The Best Wine To Order When You Are Trying To Be Healthy
- 7 Of The Best Benefits Green Tea Has To Offer
- New Study Proves A Glass of Red Wine is Equivalent to A Gym Session