If you are heading home to a big family Christmas it goes without saying that you need to be armed with more than just presents and a prepared speech for why you are single/not married/not with kids – you need alcohol.
But it can’t just be any old bottle of wine or bubbles, it needs to be festive and that is why we have come up with a white Christmas Sangria that will make Aunt Sarah’s story about her five cats (who she calls children) bearable.
- Fruit – strawberries, raspberries, pomegranates, oranges.
- Tonic water or soda water – with a twist is nice or add some lemon/lime.
- This all depends on whether you want a dry wine or whether you love things sweet. Most people opt for Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling.
- Add in some cinnamon if you want to be extra festive.
- The night before, pop some berries in the freezer. These will act as ice cubes.
- Combine all of the ingredients.