Have you planned a 7 day holiday and are wondering where to go in Tahiti? 118 islands don’t make it easy but that’s what Tahiti is all about: diversity! It also depends on what you like to do so we’ve suggested 3 different itineraries. The following one is based on Tahiti originals. Every itinerary starts and finishes on the main island, Tahiti, as your flight will arrive late in the evening (coming from Australia or New Zealand) and you’ll usually need to spend your first night here.
Coming to Tahiti as a couple or for a honeymoon? Be enthralled by the beauty of our two most popular islands.
A late arrival in Tahiti to kick off the week of a lifetime. You’ll spend your first night on the main island.
DAY 2 TO DAY 4: MOOREA
Take a ferry or short plane ride to Moorea (society islands)
3 good reasons to go to Moorea:
- It’s a natural playground (outrigger canoeing, paddle boarding, kite boarding, water skiing and surfing).
- It has a specific Polynesian ambiance; colourful, flowered and radiant, Moorea is a pleasure for all the senses.
- It’s a source of inspiration; many artists live on Moorea such as painters, carvers, jewelers and tattoo artists have settled down on this island.
DAY 4 TO DAY 6: BORA-BORA
3 reasons to visit Bora Bora:
- A stunning lagoon; Bora Bora is a volcano set on one of the most beautiful lagoons in the world, with azure waters and an abundance of sea life.
- An overwater paradise; a peaceful haven on the lagoon where the overwater bungalow concept is a must, certainly not to be missed.
- A multitude of activities and underwater pursuits, the lagoon is home to manta rays and sharks which will welcome you whilst you scuba dive or snorkel.
Return to the main island with unforgettable memories.
Meal suggestion: enjoy your last evening at the Roulottes, Place Vai’ete, Papeete.
DAY 7: TAHITI TO AUCKLAND
Departure for home (to or via Auckland).
These are just an idea of what you could do in 7 days, and we could suggest you at least 100 more itineraries!. With 118 islands to choose from, you’re bound to find something that suits your tastes and style. For more ideas, have a look at our packages (AU packages here, NZ packages here), or speak to your travel agent to personalise your trip!