Fitbit Tracks Man’s Heart Rate and Weight Loss During Breakup
Koby Soto wasn’t expecting his day to get flipped upside down, but his fitbit was there to track every minute of it.
At around midday Soto’s boyfriend rang him over the phone to cancel a date. When Soto asked why his boyfriend replied ‘Things are not working as they should,” Soto recalled in an interview with BuzzFeed News. “I said, ‘Are you serious? You’re doing this over the phone?’”
Later in the evening when he was venting to a friend he opened his fitbit app to prove how much he couldn’t relax, what he found was a complete picture of his day. It’s pretty obvious when he got the call.
He confirmed that he didn’t do anything to get his heartrate up to 118 from it’s normal resting rate of 72bpm.
“I feel like it’s nice to have a log of your confirmation of what you felt. You can tell people you have heartbreak and you feel bad,” Soto said. “People become less cynical once you show them the numbers or once you show the data or graphs. Everyone understands heartbreak, right? Everyone’s felt it. When you have this, it’s interesting — you have something to show.”
The effects of heartbreak are more than just emotional, and besides, emotions can have physical side effects.
Since the breakup he’s been trying to keep himself busy, and this story going viral seems to be doing that.
Sorry for getting into your life like this man, and sorry for your loss. Hopefully the heartrate goes back to normal soon.
You’ll also like:
- We Should All Try This 7-Day Digital Detox That Is Actually Possible
- Nutritionists Say That This Is The Best Carb To Eat If You Are Trying To Shed Pounds Fast
- These Side-By-Side Fitness Blogger Photos Remind Us All That There Is No Such Thing As The Perfect Body
- These are 3 Weird But Likely Reasons As To Why You Are So Tired
- Science Says This One Simple Thing Makes Us More Attractive