The nights are a little longer and colder now but that’s the perfect excuse for some inside entertaining. To help add some flavour to your evenings The experts from QT Hotels have two simple cocktail recipes that will add some flair to any occasion.
Cocktail by Jared Thibault from Hot Sauce at QT Museum, Wellington
- 40ml Corriander infused Black Robin
- 30ml Chobei Junmai Daijinjo sake
- 10ml Rosemary infused elderflower cordial
- 4 dashes – Orange bitters
Stir all ingredients, strain into a martini glass and garnish with a Rosemary sprig.
Cocktail by Megan Brockelbank from Reds Bar at QT Queenstown
- Broken Heart Spiced Rum, Mozart White Chocolate, Apple, Whites, Lavender, Ginger Bitters.
- Lavender Lovelace
- 30ml Broken Heart Spiced Rum, 30ml Mozart White Chocolate, 30ml Apple, 10ml Vanilla Syrup, 1 Egg White, Pinch of Lavender, 3 drops of
- Bittermens Ginger Bitters, 1 drop of black food colouring.
Shake all ingredients with ice, then shake again with ice. Double strain into a Coupe and garnish with a lavender sprig.