The Internet Is Going Mad Over This Heavenly Carb and Gluten-Free “Cloud Bread”
What? A heavenly bread that is carb and gluten free? It seems a bit too good to be true. All you need is four ingredients: eggs, cream cheese, baking powder or cream of tartar and 1 tablespoon of Honey or some natural sweetener, salt, garlic powder, rosemary.
According to She Knows, “Cloud Bread” pins and likes have spiked by 73% within the last year. They’re high in protein and work great as soft, airy, fluffy and melt-in-your-mouth buns.
Here’s a recipe from The Big Apple Mama for you to try!
Cloud Bread Recipe
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 Tablespoons cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder (or cream of tartar)
- Optional: 1 Tablespoon Honey or some natural sweetener, salt, garlic powder, rosemary
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit (150 degrees Celsius).
- Separate the eggs, there must be no yolk in the white.
- In one bowl, mix together the egg yolks, cream cheese and honey until smooth.
- In the second bowl add 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder (or cream of tartar if you prefer, I just didn’t like the taste of cream of tartar) to the whites and beat the whites on high speed until they are fluffy, form a nice peaks and hold their peaks. Beat the egg whites until like a whipped cream consistency. It should look something like this:
- Slowly fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites and mix carefully, you don’t want to break the fluffiness of the egg whites too much.
- Do this as quickly as possible or the mixture may start melting – Spoon the mixture into 10-12 even rounds on the baking sheet, sprinkle with rosemary or your favorite spices and put it in the oven.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes on the middle rack. Then broil for 1 minute and watch it until they become nice and golden brown. At this point make sure you watch them so they don’t burn.
- Remove from the oven and let cool and enjoy!
They can be stored in the container on your counter-top for 3 days. They can also be stored in the refrigerator for 7 days and they can also be stored in the freezer. If you decide to toast them, set the timer for 1 minute or the sides may burn.
You’ll also like:
- Make This Delicious Lemon ‘Licious Poppyseed Cake
- Try This Delicious Chocolatey Frappe From Wellness Expert Rachel Grunwell
- A Vote for Vegetables
- 3 Tips On Making Perfect Smoothies
- The Best And Worst For Healthy Eating