The Top 5 NZ Regions With The Most STI’s
A survey by the Public Health Surveillance group has found the parts of the country that really needs to learn how condoms and safe sex work.
The Lakes district came on top (heh) for the highest rates of chlamydia, with 1144 people per 100,000 infected. Sneaking in last on the list for chlamydia is the Bay of Plenty with 689 per 100,000. In 2014, genital chlamydia infection was the most commonly reported STI in New Zealand. Chlamydia is most commonly diagnosed in females in the 15–19 years age group and in males in the 20–24 years age group
Sufferers of gonorrhea saw Tairawhiti get first prize (316 per 100,000), more than four and a half times the estimated national rate. Coincidentally they also came second for chlamydia. The national estimated rate of gonorrhoea for males was higher than for females (77 and 62 per 100,000 population, respectively).
TOP 5 REGIONS WITH HIGHEST CHLAMYDIA RATES
4. Mid Central
5. Bay of Plenty
TOP 5 REGIONS WITH HIGHEST GONORRHOEA RATES
2. Hawkes Bay
You’ll also like:
- There’s A Common Feeling People Get That Is Actually More Dangerous Than Smoking & Obesity
- This One Common Thing You Do Accounts for 4% Of Deaths Worldwide
- Scientists Say Women Have More Stamina Than Men
- Don’t expect kids to trust you if you’re ugly
- Science Says That This Is The Secret To Staying Slim On A High Calorie Diet