Watch the Brave Sacrifice of a Homeless Man to Save a Stranger
Francisco Erasmo Rodrigues de Lima, a 61 year old homeless man in Brazil, gave his life to save a woman hostage from a gunman. On the steps of the São Paolo Cathedral, the tragic incident was filmed by a passerby and has since gone viral.
It is said that the gunman, Luiz Antonio da Silva (49), and the hostage woman were praying together for about 20 minutes before she was dragged outside. Francisco bravely tackled the gunman and was shot twice which he then slowly walks away and falls to the ground.
The gunman was shot by the police and has been arrested. Silva had previouisly spent 22 years in prison for theft, damage of property and causing bodily harm.
Francisco’s selfless act has generated support in asking authorities to honour him with a burial.
Watch the footage below.
You’ll also like:
- Drunk Girl Snapchats Taxi Driver Stealing Her Friend’s iPhone
- Woman Get’s Arrested for “Assault by Breast”, Protesters Take to the Streets In Bras
- Weatherwoman Freaks Out At Spider On Camera
- Kids coming to the Horrifying Conclusion They’ve Been Fed Animals all Along
- Sydney Police Respond to Assault Call Against Spider